Saturday, November 04, 2017

Second Annual ETC Lunch at ETS

18
Last year we started a new tradition with an ETC lunch at ETS (Evangelical Theological Society). It was good fun so I thought we should do it again. This is especially for those who can’t attend SBL and our famed annual dinner. It’s a good time to eat cheap American fast food and discuss textual criticism—what could be better?

This year we will plan to meet on Friday, November 17th at 11:15 am in the lobby of the Rhode Island Convention Center. From there we will head over to the Providence Place food court. Sadly, there is no Whataburger there. But, as a slight consolation, Pete Head should be joining us this time around. After lunch you can make your way over to Omni Providence room I for our special session on TC and Evangelical apologetics and hear from three of the five ETC Petes. All are welcome!

Foodcourt at Providence Place
Do leave a comment if you plan to come so that you won’t get left behind (and I don’t mean in the dispensationalist sense).

18 comments

  1. Excellent! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there, even though there's no Chick-fil-A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taman Turbinton11/06/2017 5:22 pm

    I plan to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's probably too late to change this. But IBR has meetings in Boston that afternoon that may be of interest to a lot of ETC types who will be at ETS. Any chance of moving this lunch to an earlier day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unfortunate that ETS and IBR overlap like this. My ETS session is 1:00 PM-4:10 PM on Friday so I will have to miss some of IBR anyway. We will have the annual dinner at SBL, so you an always join us for that.

      Delete
    2. I will be leaving SBL on Monday, so won't make that. I'll still plan to come to the ETS one.

      Delete
  5. Can you come even if you know next to nothing about TC? I’m just fascinated by the field and want to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dr Gurry! I plan to be there :)

      Delete
  6. Now that we have a sense of what the convention center is like, should we come up with a more specific spot to meet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's meet outside the book stall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will plan to join in. Book stall, as in Exhibit Hall? Also, is your new book (New Approach to TC) available at ETS?

    ReplyDelete