Tuesday, November 16, 2010

ETC SBL dinner

7
Following the Papyrology session which ends at 6:30 on Monday, we will head over for some classic America dining at the Hard Rock Cafe. We have two sets of reservations. One for those who are on the ball at 7:00 pm with Christian Askeland, and one for those who like to sit around and talk for a while with Peter Head (naturally) at 7:20. The restaurant is one block directly south from the conference hotels and on the left side of the street. Dinner runs between $12 and $20.

7 comments

  1. Well done, I was just about to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anybody have any idea of church options in Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a "church option," precisely, but an evangelical worship service "on site" that many attend:
    The Institute for Biblical Research (the American "branch" of Tyndale House) sponsors a Worship Service: Sunday, 11/21/2010,7:30 AM to 8:30 AM; Room: Atrium Ballroom AB - Marriott Marquis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks for that Mike (although I'm not sure that "branch" would be accepted by either party). And that is an excellent initiative of the IBR which I have enjoyed the last couple of years - I hadn't forgotten and shall be there. I was thinking about the Sunday evening actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No douubt I can google churchs in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter is right about "branch," and as a former Secretary of IBR, I should have known better. I suppose "counterpart" was perhaps the word I was looking for, rather than "branch," with which I will now lash myself five times (perhaps only metaphorically) as penance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...you know the Hard Rock Cafe is actually a bar with a food licence, rather than a restarant, and a franchise operated by biker gangs, right?

    - Not that anyone expects one's religious views to influence the important work of textual criticism...for that would be unscientific, I think.

    peace
    Nazaroo

    ReplyDelete